Friday, February 06, 2009

oh this week

This week has been crazy, busy, hectic and unbearable at times, but FINALLY it's friday!

I was really pissed off earlier this week when I read some things about Macy*s. I would like to give a big screw you to Chief executive Terry J. Lundgren, chief financial officer Karen Hoguet, chief administrative officer Thomas Cole, and vice chairs Janet Grove and Susan Kronick for accepting $1.39 million in bonuses
AFTER LAYING OFF 7,000 EMPLOYEES earlier this week.

I was talking to my dad about this situation earlier this week and he made a good point; so many companies, businesses are jumping on the were-suffering-from-economic-hardship-due-to-the-poor-economy bandwagon. I understand that things are going badly, trust me I see it everywhere. But how much of it is actual and how much of it is percieved? How much of it is just people being hyper-conscious and super critical of their economic standing just because other people are? I wouldn't be surprised at all if a (significant?) portion of this downturn was just because some people heard others were doing bad and so they forcasted that onto themselves?

It's hard but we're getting by. Just keep looking forward and everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment