Monday, March 02, 2009

in the spring, with snow

This past weekend was a blast and a blower all at the same time.

Friday night was Wally's last nite in the states before leaving for the Domican Republic. We hung out with Matt for a bit and then waited for E to get outta work. We met up with Justin and Rigo at my house, watch movies and hung out.

In the morning Wally left for the airport and I started counting down the minutes till I'd see him again. That time came sooner than expected when I get a call; Walls left his hiking shoes behind and needed them QUICK before he boarded his plane. So E (who had slept over my house) and I jumped in the car and were offj luckily they were leaving out of Regan so I was able to get him his shoes and say another quick goodbye before he was wisked off to tropical paradise.

As for me, I had practice later that morning; afterward's E got off of work and we went home to her house in Jefferson, MD. Mimi (her grandma) made homemade pizzas and salad and E's Aunt and Uncle (who live next door) came over too! We did laundry and hung out a bit, enjoying our down time.

Later on in the evening we decided to visit this spot Wally, Justin and Rigo visit fairly often in WV; just 25 minutes from Ericka's house there is a damn with fishing access on the Shannendoah River. It started snowing oon the way so the drive was dark but we had fun.

It snowed all night and so I was late for work in the morning, especially leaving from E's house. Sunday night I hung out with Justin and Rigo and went to sleep early; Today began our two-a-day practices.

Unfortunately the snow caused me to get stuck at my house and so my roomate Sean helped me out and gave me a ride to practice. I spent the day on campus and got a ride home from Susan.

Rigo and Justin are coming over now and hopefully they'll be able to help me get my car out!

No comments:

Post a Comment