Tuesday, March 03, 2009

god works in mysterious ways

Last night when Rigo and Justin came over, they took me to get kitty litter and towing rope in hopes of getting my car unstuck. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get it out and it really sucked.

So this morning I wake up early and go outside; after putting down kitty litter and the ground freezing over night I was sure I'd get my car out but alas, to no avail. After trying to use cardboard under my wheels I took some extra and made a sign. It read "I'm Stuck Please Help!" And I stood in front of my house and waved down traffic until I got people to stop.

The first car to stop was an older couple with a subaru filled with dogs. They tried towing me out but ran into the same issue as Rigo had.

After they left I continued my sign holding, car flagging attempts to save my car and get to practice. Just when I thought I'd need to call for a ride, a gentleman in a Thunderbird said he'd be turing around to help. In the time it took him to turn around and park, I was able to flag down 2 more cars; a Toyota Highlander and a Bronco. Three total strangers stopped to help me et my car out!! In the middle of all the pushing, engine revving and calling a man with a hammer and shovel appeared to help dig my tires out. With the help of 4 total strangers, my car finally made it out!! I was estatic! I got out of my car and jumped with arms raised and a huge smile. I thanked the people for their much appriciated help and they were gone just as soon as they'd came.

Ericka comes back later today and so after our second practice (and Bowling!!) And team dinner, we'll be reunited and I can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. haha what a day. I am glad all those people were willing to be good Samaritans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Ice adventure.

    Subaru filled with dogs...that wasn't us, I guess, but that sound a bit right. Older couple? Hmm. Maybe it was...

    HEH! Is three dogs a lot? I hope not; I was the last one added. You know what they say--last one added, first one to go. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't they put these stories in the news. I'd rather hear stories of hope and people helping eachother than disaster and war.

    ReplyDelete