Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beating Bridgewater

YESTERDAY WE BEAT BRIDGEWATER 10-8!!! In our second straight win, the MU Saints let victory reign over Bridgewater's home turf.


Traveling 66 west to the end, we headed south on 81 and met our match; the players were set to fight and I was ready to win. I got to start (my 3rd of the season so far!) and man was it a beautiful day to play lacrosse! Yesterday's game was also KB's debut on the lacrosse field; drawing from her awesome b-ball skills, KB caused 3 turn overs and had a gb.

I managed to pull a GB and my FIRST ASSIST OF THE SEASON!!! It was an awesome quick pass in the 8 to Maria who sunk it for a goal! I jumped for joy as tears of joy threatened to let loose from my eyes. The game was tight, closer than it should have been; our skills way outmatched theirs but our team game had yet to come together. Every day we get closer and closer to greatness, each mistake being learned from and each accomplishment celebrated together.

Wally was disappointed as he had traveled to 4/5 of our previous games; all which we had lost. More importantly though, he was sad that he wasn't able to be there for that assist; though nominal, it meant the world to me to have accomplished that and he would have enjoyed being there to see it.

I enjoyed the phone call I made home, bragging to my Dad of my accomplishments. I'm looking forward to the rest of the seasons for more opportunities to bring home some gold and make him proud!

5 comments:

  1. awww even if you didnt win all the games...sounds like an exciting road trip. and i bet ur dad was proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with gabriella! ps cool how your wrote on the maps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Rock! Way to go.

    Hey, I miss Nikki's posts! Dogs in the know need to know...what's going on? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Sounds like it was a great victory!!

    ReplyDelete