Friday, January 23, 2009

to walk, or not to walk... that is the question



Yesterday was the Walk for Life on the mall in D.C. I was initially reluctant to go, seeing as I am pro-choice, but my curiosity got the best of me and so I went.

I didn't realize the magnitude of people who would attend until I actually got there, and even then, I was in disbelief. It was really hard to imagine that all these people, from all over the country, made whatever extreme plans necessary to be in Washington D.C. for one day. There seemed to be an infinite amount of coach buses, something truly astounding when there are always so many buses in D.C.

I had gone on a whim when some people went to extreme lengths to be there. It still shocks me but my pro-choice stance remains unwavering. Some of the things I saw were outlandish, rude even. I'm glad I went, for the experience and to see, but it's not something I'm planning on being a part of again.

1 comment:

  1. The blog looks great, Nikki! And what a cool thing to do--participate in an event in which you don't really agree with the participants' stance...that's a great way to foster understanding and communication between human beings. Way to go! We should all do that at some point in our lifetimes.
    -Dr. Judy Morris

    ReplyDelete